Jeep Australia has confirmed the 522kW V8-powered Grand Cherokee Trackhawk update will hit local showrooms from $139,950.
AutoDaily Media Alert: Jeep Australia
Jeep’s most powerful and track-ready SUV, the updated 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, has arrived and brings bang-for-your-bucks value for performance SUVs buyers.
Touting impressive performance figures for such a large and heavy car, completing 0-100km/h in 3.7 seconds, the Trackhawk is powered by a 522kW/868Nm supercharged 6.2-litre V8 with an upgraded high-torque-capacity TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission. Stopping power is provided by large Brembo brakes.
“Australia is FCA’s second largest market for V8’s outside of North America and it is important for us to be able to support Australians with one of the most powerful and fastest SUVs ever,” says Jeep Australia product director, Guillaume Drelon.
“We’re excited to provide even more customer value to what is already the best-value, track-ready SUV in the market.”
The 2020 update adds a Signature Laguna Leather Wrapped Interior Package as standard and sleek 20-inch black lightweight forged alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero 3 Season tyres, delivering over $13,000 worth of customer value for an additional $5000, says Jeep.
The driver-focused interior features premium soft-touch materials, unique Light Black Chrome finishes and carbon fibre spears and a 7-inch driver information display instrument cluster, which features the tachometer in the middle.
The fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen now sits flush mounted with the centre stack and instrument panel, featuring Trackhawk Performance Pages with an array of performance timers and gauge readouts, including a new engine dynamometer screen that measures instantaneous horsepower, torque and current transmission gear.
Standard Launch Control optimises the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk’s performance by coordinating the engine, transmission, driveline and suspension for a textbook launch and consistent straight-line acceleration.
The Selec-Track system on the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk uses performance-tuned software to pre-configure and distinguish the five dynamic modes: Auto, Sport, Track, Snow and Tow, enabling drivers to choose a vehicle setting that meets requirements. The drive modes separately control the four-wheel-drive system, transmission, paddle shifters, suspension and electric power steering.
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk includes more than 70 safety and security features, including Trailer Hitch Camera View at Speed, which allows owners to view trailered items through the rear-mounted camera while moving.
AIming to deliver improved customer value, Jeep Australia now has an all-new Capped Price Servicing Program for new customers in 2020, which applies to the MY20 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk range. The revised structure provides for the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is capped at $799 per service for the first five services.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is available in Dealerships nationwide, starting at $139,950 plus on-roads.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk standard equipment:
- Unique Fascia for Optimised Airflow and Control
- 20 x 10-inch low gloss black lightweight forged alloy wheels
- Yellow Brembo brake callipers
- Quad exhaust tips
- Cold air scoop replaces front fog lights
- Trackhawk unique gloss black lower rear fascia
- “Trackhawk” rear Liftgate badge
- “Supercharged” front door badges
- “HEMI 6.2” badges
- Laguna Leather Wrapped Seats with Embroidered “Trackhawk” seat back logo
- Laguna Leather Wrapped Lower Panels
- Laguna Leather Door Trims
- Real metal interior accents
- Red seat belts
- “Supercharged” scuff plates
- Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Lane Departure Warning Plus
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Path Detection
- Advanced Brake Assist
- Selec-Track System traction system with 5 modes (Auto, Sport, Track, Tow and Snow)
- Rear Electronic Limited Slip Differential
- Launch Control
- Yellow Brembo® High Performance Brakes
- Active Damping Suspension
- Competition Suspension
- Jeep Performance Pages
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk options
- Black Laguna Leather (Standard)
- Black & Ski Grey Laguna Leather (Optional)
- Solid Paint: Bright White
- Premium paint: Ivory White, Diamond Black, Granite Crystal, Sting Grey, Billet Silver, Slate Blue, Redline, Green Metallic and Velvet Red