Popular Jeep model added to the Wrangler stable as lineup is refined for 2021.
Jeep has added the short-wheelbase Wrangler Rubicon ‘Shortie’ as a permanent fixture in the 2021 lineup of Jeep’s most rugged 4×4 wagon following success of last year’s limited Rubicon Recon release.
The most capable Jeep beside the Gladiator Rubicon ute, the Wrangler Rubicon brings a higher break-over angle with lighter tare weight thanks to the shorter two-door bodystyle. Pricing starts at $64,490 for the Wrangler Rubicon, and grows to $69,950 for the Rubicon Unlimited four-door model.
For 2021, Jeep has upgraded equipment for the Rubicon Unlimited with the addition of standard content from the “Rubicon Luxury Package”. Upgrades inside include standard McKinley leather-trimmed seats matching soft-touch trim on each door panel. Driver and passenger comfort benefits from standard heated front seats, which feature adjustable heat settings and heated steering wheel.
Also available in the lineup are the entry-level Night Eagle ($61,750) and Overland ($66,750).
“The short-wheelbase Jeep Wrangler is a favourite for passionate off-road enthusiasts, and the limited-edition Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon attracted huge customer demand when it was introduced last year, resulting in the run being snapped up so quickly,” said Tom Noble, Marketing and Communications Director, Jeep Australia.
“Defining what the iconic Jeep 4×4 is all about, giving the two-door Wrangler a permanent position in the 2021 line-up was a must, a true representation of the fun you can have behind the wheel of a Jeep.”
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler range is available for order now and deliveries expected in early Q4 2021.
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon ‘Shortie’ Specification and Features
- Rock-Trac Active On-Demand 4×4 System
- 77.2:1 Crawl Ratio
- 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
- Electronic Sway-Bar Disconnect
- Tru-Lok® Front & Rear Locking Differentials
- Heavy Duty Rock Rails
- Rubicon leather-trimmed Seats
- Heated Front Seats/Steering Wheel
- Uconnect 8.4” Touch Screen Display with Satellite Navigation
- Apple Car Play & Android Auto
- 7.0″ Driver Information Display
- Rubicon Fender Decal
- Black Fender Flares
- Black Three-Piece Freedom Hard Top
- Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
- LED Headlights/Taillights/Day-Time Running Lights/Fog Lights
- Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Path Detection
- 9 Speaker Alpine Premium Audio System
- Parkview Rear Backup Camera
- ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist System
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Security Alarm
- Remote Start System