Chery opens up pricing for its new Omoda SUV in Australia from $29,900 before on-road costs.
Chinese automotive brand Chery has launched the Omoda 5 priced from $29,900 before on-road costs in Australia. The Omoda 5 will be available in two trims: the Omoda 5 and Omoda 5 EX ($32,900).
The entry-level Omoda 5 comes with a turbocharged 1.5-litre petrol engine producing 115kW of power and 230Nm of torque, mated to a constantly variable transmission (CVT) with nine ‘steps’ to simulate gears.
The flagship Omoda 5 EX adds to the equipment list of the Omodoa 5 (list below). The EX model adds with red brake calipers and design flourishes, “OMODA” puddle lighting, ambient interior lighting (front and rear of the cabin), heated front seats, heated steering wheel, power-adjust passenger seat, powered boot, powered sunroof, and a 360-degree around-view camera.
The Omoda 5 range is backed in Australia by Chery’s seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, including seven years of roadside assistance and seven years capped-price servicing.
“Chery’s brand philosophy is to put its customers first, which is exactly what the OMODA 5’s pricing strategy aims to do,” says Chery Australia CEO, Andy Zhang.
“We want to offer true value in the Australian new-car market and provide as many people as possible with the opportunity to experience this feature-packed SUV. The OMODA 5 delivers on both counts, with its competitive pricing and an extensive list of premium features across two seriously well-equipped trim levels.”
Chery Omoda 5 base spec:
– 18-inch alloy wheels
– LED headlights and DRLs
– Remote engine start
– Cabin pre-heating and pre-cooling
– Keyless entry with push-button start
– Noise-reduction windshield with silent wipers
– Synthetic leather seats
– Twin-zone climate control with rear vents
– Six-way power-adjust driver’s seat
– One-touch power windows in all doors
– Ambient lighting (front of cabin)
– Twin-screen digital dash (10.25-inch driver display + 10.25-inch central infotainment screen)
– Wireless Apple CarPlay
– Android Auto
– Wireless device charging
– Sony stereo (eight speakers)
– AI-powered “Hello Chery” voice-control
Chery Omoda 5 base safety
– Euro NCAP five-star rating (not ANCAP rated yet)
– Seven airbags, including front, side, curtain and a centre airbag
– Safety systems, including LCA (Lane Change Assist), LDW (Lane
Departure Warning), LDP (Lane Departure Prevention), BSD (Blind Spot Detection), ACC
(Adaptive Cruise Control), ICA (Integrated Cruise Assist), FCW (Front Collision Warning), RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert), RCTB (Rear Cross Traffic Braking), AEB (Automatic Emergency Braking), TJA (Traffic Jam Assist), SLIF (Speed Limit Information Function), SCF (Speed Control Assist), TSR (Traffic Sign Recognition), DMS (Driver Monitoring System), IHC (Intelligent Headlamp Control) and ELK (Emergency Lane Keeping)