Jeep has slashed $10,000 from the starting price of its Jeep Gladiator ute with the introduction of the new Sport S base model.
Jeep is introducing the new Sport S variant to the Gladiator ute line-up. Pricing starts at $65,450, a significant $10,000 discount on the Overland and $11,000 on the Rubicon.
While missing out on some features of the Overland such as an 8.4-inch touchscreen (for a 7.0-inch unit), 18-inch alloys for 17-inch and leather trim seats, some of these are available in optional packs.
Standard for the Jeep Gladiator Sport S is active safety equipment including Forward Collison Warning Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Path Detection. Comfort and convenience features include LED exterior lighting, remote proximity keyless entry, a fourth-generation UConnect 7.0-inch Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic headlamps, push-button start, 7.0-inch Driver Information Display Cluster and dual-zone climate control.
Under the bonnet is the same 3.6-litre V6 petrol and eight-speed auto found in the Gladiator range (there will be no diesel for the foreseeable future). This includes Selec-Trac Active On-Demand 4×4 system, heavy-duty Dana front and rear axles, underbody skid plates, selectable tyre fill alert and a wash-out interior.
The optional Lifestyle and Adventure package ($2950) adds a Roll-up Tonneau Cover, Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System, Lockable Rear Underseat Storage Bin, Spray-In Bedliner, Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Auxiliary Switch Bank (4 Programmable Switches), 240-Amp Alternator and a 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery.
The Comfort and Technology Group package ($2450) can also be added to the Gladiator Sport S specification, delivering premium convenience appointments including a fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4” Touchscreen, Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows, Hard Top Headliner, Security Alarm and Remote Start System.
“The Jeep Gladiator Sport S creates a new entry-level price point into the Jeep Gladiator range, without compromising on safety, technology and Jeep’s renowned off-road prowess,” said Guillaume Drelon, Jeep Australia Director, Brand & Product Strategy.
“Since its arrival in Australia, the Gladiator has been turning heads on our roads and by expanding the range to include the Sport S specification, even more Australians will be able to own the only open-air truck,” he continued.
The 2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S is available to order now from $64,450 plus on-road costs, arriving in Dealerships from February 2021.
Jeep Gladiator Sport S standard equipment:
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine with 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Selec-Trac Active On-Demand 4×4 System
- Premium Black Cloth Trim Seats
- Uconnect 7.0” Touch Screen Display with Apple Car Play & Android Auto
- 7.0″ Driver Information Display
- 17″ Tech Silver Aluminum Wheels
- Black Three-Piece Freedom Hard Top
- Black Fender Flares
- LED Headlights/Taillights/Day-Time Running Lights/Fog Lights
- Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Path Detection
- 9 Speaker Alpine Premium Audio System
- Parkview Rear Backup Camera and ParkSense Front/Rear Park Assist System
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry and Push Button Start
- Selectable Tyre Fill Alert
Jeep Gladiator Sport S optional equipment
Premium Paint – $795
Comfort & Technology Group – $2450
- Uconnect 8.4” Touchscreen with Satellite Navigation and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
- Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows
- Remote Start System
- Security Alarm
- Hard Top Headliner
Lifestyle Adventure Group – $2950
- Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
- Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System
- Lockable Rear Underseat Storage Bin
- Spray-In Bedliner
- Wireless Speaker – Bluetooth
- Auxiliary Switch Bank (4 Programmable Switches)
- 240-Amp Alternator
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery