New Lamborghini Urus and Huracan models are coming


aria-label="Lamborghini Huracan Serrato rally safari teaser 1"

Lamborghini announces upcoming Urus and Huracan models in the wake of its best half-year on record.

Lamborghini is poised to announce two new variants of the Urus SUV and a new version of the Huracán supercar in the wake of a record half-year.

Despite the challenge of semiconductor shortages and supply-chain issues exacerbated by the war in Ukraine, Lamborghini delivered 5090 cars – 4.9 per cent more than in the first half of 2021.

aria-label="99 rouven mohr lamborghini huracan tecnica front quarter goodwood"

The Urus was the brand’s strongest performer, accounting for 61 per cent of all sales, while the Lamborghini Aventador and Huracán supercars made up the remaining 39 per cent.

Huracán sales were bolstered by the launch of the Huracán Tecnica, a more extreme rear-wheel-drive version sitting between the regular Evo and hardcore STO variants.

Lamborghini will begin to unveil the aforementioned Urus and Huracán variants from August.

aria-label="lambo urus tracking"

The Lamborghini Urus ‘Evo’ has already been spotted testing in Germany with matt-black paint and bright-red brake calipers. It’s expected to pack slightly more power than the existing version while cutting weight below 2200kg.

The other Urus due to be announced is expected to be a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) version, poised for a 2024 launch. It’s likely to use the 500kW powertrain from the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid.

The new Huracán, meanwhile, is expected to be a production version of 2019’s Sterrato concept.

Spotted testing in January 2022, it features high-riding, off-road ready suspension similar to that on the Porsche 911 ‘Dakar’.

The Huracán Steratto is expected to feature an adapted version of the all-wheel drive system from the regular Huracán Evo, as well a tuned version of its 470kW V10.

More aggressive styling may also feature, as with the recent Huracán STO and Huracán Tecnica special editions, including motifs such as an LED light bar. Lamborghini’s big SUV gamble undergoes the toughest test in the business. Massively capable wherever it goes, while being extremely conspicuous and costly while it does it.

Charlie Martin

Toyota 222D – the Group S Rally Car

This 560kW rallying MR2 could have seen Toyota conquer the stages, but instead fate intervened

Further Reading

Maserati’s GranCabrio Folgore is an electric drop-top with MC12 power

The range-topping Maserati GranCabrio Folgore has been unveiled as the first all-electric open-top GT